Liberalism is what smart looks like to stupid people.
If a true sense of value is to be yours, it must come through service.
If you think the problems we create are bad, just wait until you see our solutions.
A half truth is a whole lie.
The danger to America is not Barack Obama but a citizenry capable of entrusting a man like him with the presidency. It will be easier to limit and undo the follies of an Obama presidency than to restore the necessary common sense and good judgment to an electorate willing to have such a man for their president. The problem is much deeper and far more serious than Mr. Obama, who is a mere symptom of what ails us. Blaming the prince of the fools should not blind anyone to the vast confederacy of fools that made him their prince. The republic can survive a Barack Obama. It is less likely to survive a multitude of fools such as those who made him their president.
- You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity by legislating the wealthy out of prosperity.
- What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
- The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
- When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that is the beginning of the end of any nation.
- You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
Certainly, the specter of corporate money buying candidates and influencing our political system is an unwholesome one. But the solution is not limiting campaign donations. It is limiting the power of government, so that there is nothing on which to spend money, and the money that is spent in the system has less impact on our lives, returning power to ‘the little guy’ to whom politicians love to pay lip service.
An armed man is a citizen. An unarmed man is a subject.
Free men do not ask permission to bear arms.